Saturday, January 11, 2014

ESTABLISHING PERSONAL CONTACTS

The first steps I took to find professional contacts outside of the United States was to research the websites the Professor gave us. I subscribed to www.icrichild.org/kenya newsletters. That site is from the International Child Resource Institute in Kenya. This institute builds access to high quality and developmentally appropriate early childhood education for Africa's poorest children. Since I used to sponsor a child in Dominica, I googled Dominica and early childhood educators. I came across the Pan American Health Organization, who named Austelle Lockhart as one of the Roving Caregivers. The caregivers teach the young children in Dominica. I actually reached out to Mr. Lockhart on Facebook. From the website www.naeyc.org/resources/partnership/globalalliance I discovered the Ajoke International School in Ghana ran by Mrs. Bimbo Are. I emailed her and asked could she be a professional contact for me. I also found on that website a Haiti Step by Step Program/Tipa Tipa. I emailed the head of that school also at the website given. My email was returned as undeliverable to that address. I then googled Haiti Tipa Tipa and found this website www.sise-qatar.org/content/wise-haiti-case-study-tipa-tipa. I emailed that site and signed up for the newsletters. I am waiting on responses now. I want to wish everyone good luck making contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment