Saturday, December 7, 2013

MY SUPPORTS

My definition of support is knowing that someone is there to have your back through thick and thin, rain or shine, good days or bad days. My 12 year old daughter Jada, gives me emotional support and physical support. She helps me to finish tasks. In fact she will help me with the Powerpoint I have to do this week. I haven't made one since my Capstone class exactly a year ago. My eldest daughter is 33, she gives me emotional support by providing for her younger sister when I may be out or working late. We share a house, 2 cars, travelling, etc. My boyfriend gives me emotional support also. Even though I only had one instance where I may have needed him to support me, he was right by my side ready, willing and able. I have numerous friends that I could ask for assistance of if need be. The benefits of emotional support are a sense of self assurance and confidence. I feel as if I can handle 99% of anything that may be thrown at me but 1% of me if I weren't able to handle the situation, I would get the support needed. ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Existing without support can be done but it would be dismal. Boyfriend's come and go but my existence would change tremendously without my daughter's support. I wouldn't have as much freedom as I do to have me time or work overtime. A challenge would be if I broke a limb. I would need assistance driving, grocery shopping, going to the bathroom, getting to work, etc. I would need someone to help me do all activities of daily living=cooking, cleaning, washing, etc. I wouldn't be able to drive my youngest daughter the numerous places she has to go. My eldest daughter would assist as much as possible but I'm not too used to depending on anyone to do anything for me. I would most likely feel guilty and not place any unnecessary burdens on her.

5 comments:

  1. Karen, sometimes you do not realize the support you have until you need it. How wonderful you have children who will drop everything to help out. This shows what a great mom you are as you instilled these values in your children.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to share my own feeling that emotional supports are the most important. I think we are pretty much self-sufficient in our day to day lives. But when it comes to opening up and being able to have someone there for you through thick and thin, it becomes crucial to have those emotional supports in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen
    I enjoyed reading your blog regarding your supports. I have heard some people say that they will be just fine without help, and I think they say this when things are going good in their lives. There are always obstacles that come our way to help strengthen us and reach out to the ones who love and care for us. I feel that we all need some type of support systems in our daily lives because we need people to talk to as well as help us through situations or conflicts that we cannot solve. We go through many experiences throughout our lives and it is important to have people in our lives who have no agenda other than to love us and be there whenever we need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    I enjoyed you posting, in the last year with a two year old my eldest daughter is 16yrs old and she is so helpful with allowing me to have just a break at times, babysits so I an have me time as well. Having these fabulous young ladies in our lives are such blessing and joy!

    Thanks for your comments,
    Toshiko Pinckney

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your bog post. I believe that support is very important for a person to function properly. I see that you have a lot of support. You are at the point now where you have 2 older daughters to help you do things. I have two small children they are 1 and 4. I have a husband who supports me and parents and siblings.

    ReplyDelete