Sunday, July 13, 2014

VERBAL AND NON VERBAL COMMUNICATION

I decided to watch an episode of L.A. Hair. This show revolves around a hair salon for celebrities in Los Angeles. There are 8 main characters who all work for the salon. There are different ethnicities and genders. Everyday a different group of clients come in to get services. The communication I observed was smiles, eyebrows raised, touching, rolling of the eyes, grimacing and direct eye contact. I could see which personnel got along with the other personnel.
I could tell from facial expressions if the conversation was pleasant or not. One client was verbally insulted and the look of anger on her face was clearly understood. When I heard the conversation, I could clearly understand why she was grimacing. The hairdresser spoke negatively about her dandruff. I believe my assumptions would have been correct if I were a regular viewer of this show. I find that even in relationships that actions speak louder than words. By just observing you can see that a person is happy, sad, angry, tired, grouchy etc. I am very intuitive when it comes to observation I think in part to learning nursing assessment, so I see and notice everything that others don't see. It annoys some people, but to me I think it is a perk........Reference www.wetv.com/shows/la-hair/episodes/season-3 Season 3 Episode 1: Chair Battle Royale

No comments:

Post a Comment