Saturday, June 28, 2014

PROFESSIONAL HOPES AND GOALS

One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that they receive a non-biased, quality education equal to every other child in the classroom. The color, religion, culture shouldn't correlate with the education that they receive. I hope the parents get to have dialogue with the educator on a continuous basis so that they have full understanding of the curriculum and protocols. One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity and social justice is that cultural diversity forums be scheduled at least three times a year for colleagues to confer and gain knowledge and awareness from each other. Thank you to my colleagues for your supports, comments and enlightening. I have learned so much in this course that I definitely will take from this experience. Good Luck in all your future classes. Keep striving!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea to get together three times a year to talk about diversity. Listening to each other's stories would not only educate but also would form a closer work community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This goal is a great idea! Even if you can set something up within your company or just close colleagues, discussing these issues is a great way to keep the reality alive.
    Good luck with future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete