Saturday, April 26, 2014

WHEN I THINK OF RESEARCH

Insights I have gained about research from taking this course include learning so many new terms and methods used in research studies. I always thought that research was a simple process when in fact it is a very complicated process. New terms include triangulation, variable, equity, quantitative, etc. Lessons that I have learned that it takes a huge amount of methodology and step by step techniques to begin and implement a study. There are many parameters included in research. You have to choose a topic, who the participants will be, what methodology you will use, the timeframe you want to study, and the analysis interpretation that will be used. Challenges in this course were the new vocabulary used: qualitative, paradigm, positivism, etc. were a just a few of the terms used that needed full understanding before you could begin to start a research study. The funny thing is that the week we learned about triangulation, I went to the movies and saw "Captain America 2". During the film triangulation was mentioned and I smiled to myself because I had just learned about this and I was seeing it used in the movie. What a coincidence that was! My perception of early childhood professionals has been modified by discovering how much hard work goes into doing a study. It takes time and diligence to conduct a research study correctly. Informed consents and thorough analysis of data collected will result in valid results. Thank you classmates for all the support given to me in this course. Good Luck in future courses!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen I totally agree this was the most challenging course I have taken. I’m glad it’s almost over. However, I like to commend you on doing a good job. Furthermore, you answer a lot of my questions in such a short time pertaining to "There are many parameters included in research. You have to choose a topic, who the participants will be, what methodology you will use, the time frame you want to study, and the analysis interpretation that will be used."

    Thank you for sharing such great work in your blog and discussions. I like to thank you and everyone for your support and great insights.
    May success continue to be with each and every one of you this this endeavors.
    Sincerely,
    Herleen

    ReplyDelete