Sunday, April 26, 2015

TIME WELL SPENT

To My Colleagues and Professor Darragh, I can't believe how time has passed. I remember getting my Bachelors in Health Sciences from Walden University in January 2013. It took approximately 3 months before I was bored and said to myself that I should go back to school for my Masters Degree. I was excited but as soon as those assignments started to roll in I wanted to strangle myself. Needless to say I persevered and completed my Masters. I am so proud of myself. I am a mother, grandmother, friend, aunt, sister, nurse, spouse, and a student. There were so many titles that I had to juggle that I was getting weary. But as time went by...the light at the end of the tunnel was getting brighter and brighter, which gave me the motivation to continue.
I have learned that there are so many organizations from which to choose to work with doing child advocacy work. Organizations such as NAEYC, Zero to Three and the Children's Defense Fund are just a few organizations I have researched. I have also learned that while the first early childhood program was initiated years ago to this day, education is evolving and ever changing sometimes for the benefit of children and sometimes not. I have also learned that even though disparities still exist in America, there are enough organizations on board to make the changes needed to close the education gap. Organizations such as the National Association for Child Development and The Center for Education Innovation are just two of those organizations. After researching for this course, the future for our children looks brighter just by knowing that so many people are making children a priority.
A long term goal of mine is to open my Karens Kidcare Learning Center, I want to expose children to the arts, music, etiquette, manners, cooking, math, reading and dance. I just have to focus on what next steps I have to take to get proper licensing. I have been motivated by all of my classmates who are already in the field and enjoy what they're doing.
To Professor Darragh and colleagues, I wish everyone well in all of their endeavors. I know we have had great experiences and educational insights while attending Walden University. Thanks for all your praise and encouragement. I hope at one time or another I have said a kind word to encourage you. As we embark in our new roles may we have honesty, integrity, empathy and passion in all we do. Take care and I hope to see some of you at graduation. I will probably do January and make a Disney trip of it also. Farewell to you.
Sincerely, Karen Mauney mochacinnamon@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment