Sunday, August 10, 2014

5 STAGES OF TEAM DEVELOPMENT

I have belonged to many groups of people working together. I have been a PTA member where the goals were to identify and eradicate any obstacles in the way of our children having a quality education. I have been part of study groups in nursing school. We bonded because we all had the goals of passing our exams and gaining our licenses. I am presently in a neighborhood beautification group. We gather every Saturday morning that we are available to clean up and plant flowers on a dead end block around the corner from me. My undergrad experience with groups here at Walden University had me in classes with some of the same people. We had the goal of getting our Baccalaureate degree. I did meet a few classmates at graduation, but sadly many did not even show up for graduation. The groups usually have a closing celebration after a task is completed. I usually remember the members with fond memories but we usually don't exchange personal information after reaching our goals unless we have something else personal in common. The group of classmates I have met during my Graduate classes has been similar. Some of us have had all our classes together so far. Soon we will split to our concentrated courses. Hopefully I will get to meet some of the students at graduation next year. The adjourning phase is important because this is when the group can celebrate their success of the project. If there was not success, this is where brainstorming could be done to discover why the project was not a success. Adjournment brings closure. If the group was a high performing group there will be sadness about the conclusion of the project. If the group was low performing without success it will be easier to leave the team. I do hope my Walden University closure will provide the opportunity to keep in touch with some of the other students
.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,

    Your pictures are wonderful, what a beautiful family you have! I hope to see you at graduation, when we finish this program. I live in Virginia and while coming to Minnesota to walk will be something like an adventure for my family and I, We would not miss it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    What a lovely montage of photos. It's been wonderful getting to know you through your blog posts. You are very special and have lots to offer the EC field!

    ReplyDelete